Is it just me, or does it seem that the more we go paperless, the more stacks of paper to-be-filed populate your desk?No? Maybe it’s just mine.
I file and pile and file and toss. A few weeks go by and it seems as though I never touched a thing.
I love a neat desk. I envy neat desks. My desk toggles from a tornado-hit-disaster to a simple mess and repeat. I envy people who go home for the day (or downstairs after the day) and have a cleared desk. It must feel liberating!
If you are in business, you don’t need me to tell you about all the receipts and supporting documentation that you must keep for YEARS for the IRS! If you are working at home, you may not have the luxury of a room full of file cabinets in which to house all this either. Many people have a nice converted, dedicated space but it’s small and they do not want their office to take over their house.
Scanning all the documents is one option but having to stop and name every single document as you scan it can be a real hassle. If the process of scanning and naming is going to be a huge time eater, we all know, it simply will not get done! But there is a great solution!
Neat Desk! See, I love it already. The name describes the end result that I want, plainly and simply!
Here are a few ways that NeatDesk can save you hours and hours!
- It’s smart. NeatDesk can read! That’s right. It can read and extract information so you toss in piles of receipts, business cards or documents and NeatDesk turns them into organized, digital files! (At a speedy 24 pages per minute — much faster than I can file!)
- You can even scan right to the Cloud so that you don’t even need a computer!
- If you scan to the Cloud, you can access your files from … well anywhere!
- Scan in your business cards and NeatDesk will turn them into an address book and can automatically connect to Outlook.
- Scan in receipts and NeatDesk will turn them into an expense report and can automatically connect to Quickbooks.
- Scan in photos to jpeg.
- Since it is good at organizing, you can save any file to NeatDesk. [Handy if you are like me and name and save a file to the computer only to spend hours trying to retrieve it!]
- You can save important emails to NeatDesk too so that all your important stuff is in one place.
- Did I mention easy to find and accessible from anywhere?!
My New Year’s resolution for 2016, to have a neat desk, will be accomplished within moments once this puppy moves in! Click below to check it out.
- turn paper into organized digital files
- direct to Cloud, no computer necessary
- smart scan reads and extracts information
- up to 50 pages at once; 1 or 2 sided
- create searchable PDF from any document
- export to PDF, Quicken and Excel
Now obviously, NeatDesk Desktop scanner is not the option for the tree-house, poolside or park-bench where you may be blogging. We will leave the bulk of scanning for a day in the office.
But did you know that there is a NeatDesk option for those on the go? YUP! NeatReceipts is a mobile document scanner and a digital filing system for PC and Mac. Scanning receipts as you go, will keep you super organized! All those gas and entertainment receipts, business cards, phone numbers and flyers that get stuffed in your purse and lost and forgotten are no more.
I can’t tell you that it will put everything together and file your tax returns for you, but it will sure make the whole process a lot easier! Everything organized and easy to find!
- slim and lightweight, weighs less than one pound
- fits easily into briefcase or carry-on
- no need for AC power – can run on USB power from your computer
- reads and extracts information creating digital useful, usable and easy to find content!
- acquire, search, share and access your important info from anywhere
- create tax or expense reports
NeatReceipts is mobile, it will be leaving the house, going to the tree-house possibly, traveling with you. What do all travelers need? A case!
Protect your mobile scanner with it’s own travel case!
If you want to make it a nice gift for a fellow entrepreneur, you can get a scanner and travel case all in one kit-and-kaboodle.
That said, you can shred and recycle all that paper! You will feel so much lighter and organized! And you’ll have a nice, neat desk. Much easier to dust because chances are, when you started working at home, you no longer have the company cleaning service on Thursdays!
Just to be clear, I, Patt Timlin am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking Work At Home Products Guide spot4greatproducts.com to (amazon.com, or endless.com, MYHABIT.com, SmallParts.com, or AmazonWireless.com) which means that if you choose to purchase any of these products as a result of your visit here, I will be paid some commission.
Patt Timlin – Marketer, Blogger, Entrepreneur at Patt Timlin Online.
Patt Timlin is a marketing expert set on sharing her expertise with other online marketers to help them achieve the dream of working online. She is secretly pleased with the surge in content marketing as revenge of the English majors! Entrepreneur, blogger, guide, helper – Patt loves the online world and loves to share it!
Patt is the author of: Patt Blogs
Please reach out on Facebook at Spot4connections on Facebook